Southern Selects Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Almonds
Makes 4 Servings
2 lbs. Southern Selects Brussels Sprouts
4 ounces thick cut bacon (cut in large dices)
1 clove minced garlic
1 1/2 Tbs. olive oil
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1 Tbs. Blasamic vinegar
Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Trim bottoms of Brussels sprouts. You may halve or quarter the sprouts if desired.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon and set aside on paper towels.
- Drain remaining fat from skillet reserving 1 tablespoon.
- Add reserved fat, olive oil, garlic and almonds back to skillet. Cook over medium low heat just until the garlic just starts to change color.
- Add the Brussels sprouts, stir and cook 10-12 minutes (less for cut sprouts).
- Add Balsamic vinegar, reserved bacon and salt and pepper. Stir and enjoy.